I want to share a couple of the How Not To Act Old With Your Phone tips with my faithful readers, because they made me laugh out loud, and (cough, cough) recognize myself!
- Don’t be unable to find your cell phone because you put it away in a different place every time.
- Don’t hold your phone at arm’s length—so you can read the numbers—and then dial very, very slowly, with your index finger. (Soooo me.)
- Don’t hurry off the phone because you’re afraid of running up your bill. You have 800 hundred minutes a month, and you’ve used only 63.
- Do not set your ringtone to the Sex and the City theme or the old phone tone (brrring brrring).
And a couple of tidbits from How Not to Act Old With Your Hair, none of them serious advice from me. Do whatever you love with your hair, before and after you get "old". Ariane, at 45+, is a goddess with her buzzcut, and 40+ Vix is divine in her waist-length 'do.
|Ariane's buzz is amazing . . .|
|And Vix has incredible long hair.|
- Don't chop it off. If you love short hair, fab, but too often Evil Young Hairdressers — and even Evil Not-So-Young Ones — try to make every woman over 40 cut off all her hair. I say chop it all off if you want! But do it with verve.
- Don't cling to the style that worked for you twenty years ago. Here’s the mistake: Deciding how to wear your hair based on that amazing picture taken of you 20 years ago. This I generally agree with, although some 'dos are classic and for life, hello Christie Brinkley.
- Don't be afraid of hair adventures. Agree, agree . . . what's the worst that could happen?
Happy Thursday and enjoy your life today,