- A fitted denim skirt. I have three now, a midi by Ralph Lauren that I love love love, a slightly stretchy pencil from Coldwater Creek (similar) that is conservative and great for tucking in my button-down shirts, and believe-it-or-not, a pencil skirt by Lucky that is not too young for me! (I think!) It's to the knee, and has very few embellishments, but hugs the curves just right (similar).
- Black, gray and white knit tops from Gap. I collect them and wear them first to work, while they're fresh, then for casual. I love how soft and fitted they are, and the solids are great for my muted coloring. I do have to add something to my tees:
- Fun pendant necklaces, like these:
I wear one almost every day, to elevate the tee-shirt look to a more feminine polished one.
- Shoes or boots with a little attitude. I refuse to wear gym sneakers or Crocs (no offense to those who love them!). I just bought these wedges for work, and they are my new favorites.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Rose Velvet #130. It's my signature shade, a deep mauve that brightens my face without screaming "LIPS!", or fading away to nude. Please Revlon, don't stop making it.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
It's great fun reading other bloggers' lists (e.g. here and here) of their ten or five essential wardrobe items. I'm a bit list-compulsive myself: it keeps part of my brain quiet so my creative side can wander : > Like most women, my essentials change from time to time as my style is re-defined, my body changes and time marches on. For the last year or so my essentials have included:
Posted by Patti at 1:52 PM