By aging, I'm not talking about that lovely transition from college girl to working woman/mother: those physical changes in our 20's and 30's give our face its form, smooth out our awkwardness and calm down our skin. Those are the decades when we learn how to apply makeup artfully, tame and twist our hair, and build a flattering wardrobe.
The beauty and style changes that emerge after age 40 have not been given as much positive press. Let's try to wring some out here! I'll start, and I will try to maintain my sense of humor:
- My posture is definitely better as a result of yoga and stretching.
- I can afford a pedicure and sometimes my toes look great.
- My silver hairs have a lot of body, so my 'do looks more bountiful.
- I know my best colors much better and am not too easily led astray.
- I've developed a blissful relationship with my hair stylist, who understands curly hair!
- I don't choose to, but I could wear a Chanel suit and not look silly.
- My eyelashes are ridiculously long, thanks to generic Latisse.
- I never stay out all night anymore, so very few dark under-eye circles.
|A smile and confidence are always in style.|
Photo courtesy of BlitheandBlonde