Elissa was inspired to announce the things that "Elissa doesn't do." She encouraged us to contribute our own diva lists. I wondered if I should ask my beloved husband what my diva behaviors are. I decided against it: he thinks putting on lipstick is borderline diva.
So here is my sincere "we don't play that" list. These are just my thangs. I have a lot of love for some people who do the following with regularity:
- Patti doesn't go camping. Except at the Holiday Inn.
- Patti doesn't wear short-shorts, stilettos or tube tops outside the house.
- Although a great sports fan, Patti doesn't play beach volleyball in any kind of swimsuit.
- Patti doesn't wear tee shirts with cartoon characters on them.
- Or faux-funny sayings, like "I'm with Stupid."
- Patti doesn't do country music concerts, state fairs or any (husband quote) "outdoor beer festivals".
- Patti doesn't do loud, bloody, car-chase movies, especially sequels.
- Patti doesn't eat meat (but does wear leather shoes . . . )
Hmmm, do I sound like a princess/city slicker/snob? I'm not! I'm from Nutley, New Jersey! But one of the thrills of being 50 is you know what you like and who you are, and you can pass on a lot of the rest : >
Please go read Elissa's article, and let me know what your "don't's" are. Happy Wednesday.