Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy Holiday! and a Groovy Poster

I hope all of you in the U.S. are enjoying a long holiday weekend, with extra time to relax, read, reflect . . . whatever makes life a little better. I'm mostly lounging at home, nursing a muscle sprain (from coughing, not from any commendable athletic feat), and catching up on reading.

This poster crossed my monitor today as I was surfing around. I love the message:


It was linked into a wonderful blog, Lucky So and So, a super-creative and talented designer. It also reminds me of one of my favorite quotes, from Oscar Wilde: "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken."


Reminder:  Tomorrow, Monday July 4th is Visible Monday, a group posting for anyone who'd like to participate. The simple guidelines are here. Basically, just post something that makes you feel wonderful/visible, and send me a link to it. I'll post all the pics and links here!


7 comments:

  1. Patti,I hope this muscle sprain goes away soon and yes,everybody likes long weekends . It's something that keeps us sane!I have one question,what do I have to do I send a link?Please give me a clue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie! Sorry about that -- I forgot to add the link to my email.

    I fixed the post, so now if you go the "Reminder" at the bottom, and click on "send me", it will take you right there.

    Send me any size or shape picture, and I'll include it in the gallery on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an excellent reminder this post is. Don't know if I'll get my act together tomorrow, but I hope to by next Monday. Hope you feel better soon. My fourth weekend has been crazy--a wedding I was part of and my oldest daughter in town and 50 papers to grade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, I love the poster. It says it all doesn't it? Wow...5 years ago and I'm just now catching on to the trend. I love what you can learn from blogging. I'm glad you reminded me about Monday. I will plan to be visible! Debbie http://thriftygirlvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are having a good holiday .....
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terri - Thanks for the well-wishes, I am feeling better today. I hope your busy weekend has included lots of happy times.

    Debbie - Yes, the poster says a lot in a couple of words, huh? : >

    Lorena - Thanks, and same to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are wonderful and I am happy to find you..New follower!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete