As a relatively new (if not young) blogger, I was delighted to hear from Karina Dresses, asking me to review one of their designs. In an unusual turn of form, I actually spoke on the telephone with one of the owners -- for 45 minutes! -- and we talked at length about the company's history and philosophy.
Karina is a small business right now, but they have stores around the country and the world . They do all their design and manufacturing in Brooklyn ("Made With Love in Brooklyn" is one of their mottos). They provide jobs to local people, and make quality garments. This is not fast, disposable fashion. I felt, after talking to them, that they want to combine a business plan with an artistic and ethical foundation.
So I am tickled to be a Brand Ambassador (I've needed a diplomatic title) for Karina, and to show off the "Megan" dress they sent me to review, and to keep.
Those of you who have been reading my blog (thank you!) know I am starting to accumulate more dresses. I'm finding them a simple, visible, morning choice. This dress is easy as can be on a hectic morning. It slips over my head, no zippers or buttons, fits like a dream and swirls around me all day. Love that feeling! The length and coverage are perfection for a Woman of a Certain Age.
|My new dress paired with my Calvin Klein sparkly cardigan.|
|Shoes are by Aerosoles - peep-toe platforms in a cool vintage 40's style.|
Thrifted for under $8
|The new dress made me feel like dancing . . . awkward but true.|
Karina asked me to share some important facts about their designs:
- The dresses are made from imported microfiber blend fabric with four-way stretch. They are machine washable and ideal for travel (love that).
- Every dress is made in a limited edition print, produced in their Brooklyn facility.
- "Made in the USA" means sparing the environment the gas, oil and diesel that is burned to transport most of our clothes.
- Some of their styles fit up to a traditional size 20, and are designed for all figure types and all ages (yippee!).
Giveaway Giveaway Giveaway Giveaway
Great fun! Karina dresses is sponsoring a giveaway. One of my readers will win a Karina dress of her choice! And you have got to see all the beautiful designs they offer.
To enter, all you have to do is:
- Go to Facebook and "Like" Karina Dresses, and
- Leave a Comment below with your email address (I need a valid email addy so I can notify you if you are the winner.)
- Visit the Karina Dresses website, look at the various styles, and pick a favorite. (Karina Dresses are made of limited edition fabrics, so not all patterns/colors are available at any given moment. They'll do their best to match your preferences, but need you to be flexible about pattern/color limitations.)
- If you leave a comment on the Karina Dresses Facebook page, you'll get an additional entry in the drawing.
- The contest is open to all readers, but those who are outside the U.S. may be required to pay postage/shipping if you win. The winner will be selected by drawing and announced on or about November 14th.
And even if you don't win, here is a $30 discount code for any full price dress:
$30 Off Any Full Price Dress - GIBP30
You can use this discount code at any store that carries the line:
Or use your discount code online at:
Good luck! And if you decide to purchase a Karina dress, I think you will love it.
And now, please show us what you're wearing on Visible Monday!
The guidelines to participate in the Visible Monday Link-Up are so simple!
- Include a link to Not Dead Yet Style somewhere in your post.