I especially enjoyed Ms. Cho's list of "Little Lifts" for your wardrobe. Here are some of them I would definitely use, and recommend to my readers:
- Button the last couple buttons of your cardigan, and blouse it over a belt. OK, not rocket-science, but it does give me an additional way to style a cardi, more like a soft jacket.
|A cardi can look like a blouse, or add a belt, and it's a |
- Twist two contrasting scarves together before tying them around your neck. I keep wanting to try this, and forgetting to do so on busy mornings. It sounds like fun, and no sewing required!
- Fold over the top of your boots for a new look. I hadn't though of this, but I have a couple of soft pair that this might work with.
- A fabric flower in leather or silk is a nice touch. Indeed. I love the idea of a leather flower for Fall/Winter. Always-stylish Kasmira of What I Wore Today has a cool leather flower cuff that I admire.
|Leather flower pin, so cute|
- If you can't figure out the right shoe to wear with a skirt, boots work best. So true. Boots make most any outfit more modern and chic.
Keeping with the keep-it-simple, make-it-fun theme, I'd add these little lifts:
- Colored tights, or even gray or textured black, will make most any look more interesting.
- A bold cuff bracelet is a fun touch, even if you're not a big accessory-lover.
- Mix a winter pattern skirt (hounds-tooth, checks, pinstripes) with a floral blouse or sweater if you're feeling a bit bolder. I just started doing this since I created my blog, and it's too much fun to stop.
- Mix moods, if you feel like it. Wear a floaty skirt with a chunky sweater and add boots. We don't have to be matchy anymore, yay!
The very kind people at Karina Dresses featured me yesterday in their blog, The Karina Chronicles. Thanks, Karina people! Love your dresses.