Saturday, December 31, 2011

Saturday Inspiration, of the Over-50 Variety: Linda Fargo. And Return of Visible Monday!

The fashion director of Bergdorf Goodman is not an everyday name in my circles, but I am taken with Linda Fargo's confident, crisp style. She looks sophisticated without looking unapproachable, and she actually puts on a gorgeous smile when being photographed!

Her silvery hair seems to be her signature accessory, a chic bob that suits her perfectly. My own hair could never do this. But I learn from watching Linda that we can make our hair, whatever its natural texture, an integral part of our look.

Of course in her position, she can choose from the highest-end and newest designer pieces. She does so in a way that looks effortless and appropriate for a successful 50-something woman. The end result is classy and modern, accented with a signature piece of jewelry and red lipstick. A terrific look for a woman of a certain age, or any age, who knows herself and her style!

In a Jil Sander suit, simple lines but with a surprising color.

Doing the color-blocking trend, very sophisticated. I'd show less leg, but
Linda pulls this off well. I love the signature necklace, with no other jewelry.

Monochromatic and then boom! the animal print booties

I like this casual chic look, although I prefer my fur on the faux side.

Linda adds playfulness to her red carpet looks. Love the gorgeous cuff!



Visible Monday link-up returns on Monday, January 2, 2012. We'll be kicking off a new year of fabulous looks that make us feel great about ourselves. Please join in, it's so easy and lots of fun!


Join us! Click the Spotlight

14 comments:

  1. I was not familiar with her, so I really enjoyed this post!!  Patti, I just want to thank you for your friendship and support this year!  I hope you have a great New Year's weekend and a joyful 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - she is fabulous! Working that thigh high split skirt - WOW! What an inspiration - I'm signing back up for pilates.  Happy New Year to you Patti - all the best for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know her either -- what a gorgeous and yet age-appropriate role model!  Thanks for sharing her style.  Best wishes for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she is class from head to toe..thanks for introduing us to her Patti.  Happy New Year to you .  Stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selection of photos esp the color block outfit. She looks superb ,she gives a good reason to look forward to ageing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love that she wears so much bright color, and looks great in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this lady, but she's very stylish.
    I can imagine you rocking some of those looks, Patti!
    Happy 2012 to you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Given how different my lifestyle is from Linda's, her style is nevertheless inspiring -- I like the way you point out what to take from each outfit, even in those looks we'd think, at first, couldn't work for us. Looking forward to return of Visible Monday, altho' not sure I'm quite ready for it myself. . .As always, thanks for the inspiration . . . Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, thank you for putting a new name on my radar.  I love her hair--the color, the shape and the liveliness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen her up close and she looks just as great in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patti_NotDeadYetStyleDecember 31, 2011 at 9:35 PM

    aah! to live in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of Linda Fargo before either, but she is indeed very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I've seen her on Advanced Style with one of Ari's older friends - she always looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love her style.  She seems to be both fashionable but age-appropriate somehow.  Gives me hope!

    ReplyDelete