Here are some of my dreaded W. M.'s, taken from my actual daily life:
- Wayward bra straps. Everything is nice and sleek as I leave the house, but upon arrival at work, the straps are peeking out, and pretty much stay that way. Some marvelous dresses and blouses have bra strap holders that snap your strap into place. Should be required.
|Well, I haven't gone this far . . .|
- Tights that creep down the leg as the day goes on. I have simply removed these offenders at lunch, and gone bare-legged on occasion. These give me a very insecure feeling.
- Singing shoes. You have to have a sense of humor if your shoes squeak a happy tune as you walk the halls. Sometimes this goes away with repeated wearings, but I haven't found a cure yet. Any ideas?
|And these aren't necessarily singing shoes, but how cute is Pete?|
- Surprise see-through skirts. It looks fine and modest in the morning, at home. Suddenly, the Seven-Eleven clerk is giving me the eye, and I notice I'm fairly sheer below the waist. Slips are the cure! But I forget sometimes.
|Intentionally sheer, and very chic -- but not for work : >|
- Won't-stay-tucked-in shirts. Arrgggh. I don't like to tuck-in six times an hour. This kind of shirt is fine if your job requires you to sit (or lie) perfectly still for 6 hours. I usually opt for soft knits and tees, slightly on the long side.
- The ultimate: skirt tucked into tights while exiting the restroom! I don't have to tell my story on this one, do I?
Please tell me you've had a few W. M.'s yourselves? Can you add to the list? Have you been asked to perform at the Superbowl Halftime Show?