Without being a slave to trends (and most of us reading this blog are not), it is fun to get temporarily besotted with some item of clothing or accessory, and to stalk, hunt and collect it. Sometimes the stalking is just via window or cyber-shopping, without buying. In my life, it means seeking affordable versions of my current crush, via thrift and consignment stores. Every once in a while, the object of desire is worth a splurge, and lasts for decades, like my beloved Moissanite wedding ring.
Here are some of my past obsessions. Maybe you will relate to one or more -- I'd love to know. I'll post my current obsession at the end.
- Vintage gloves. I had to look at every pair in town, and on eBay! I bought several, and still wear and appreciate them.
- Tote bags. The search for the perfect work tote bag was feverish for a while. I looked at canvas, brocade, vintage, kooky and classic. I now have two, a gorgeous quilted design made by a friend, and a practical pleather one that looks good with every outfit.
- Cuff bracelets. Still loving on these, but I do own enough. I think.
|Except I think I need this one. So cute.|
- Tingly lip glosses. I went far and wide, and keep coming back to Burt's Bees. Guess I am sticking with this one.
- Patterned tights. You can ask me who carries these in my small city, 'cause I have been around. (Target's got the best selection and prices).
- Midi skirts. My eyes followed only the hemlines of skirts on the racks, and I reached for the long ones. I did end up with a handful of cool midis for this Fall/Winter, without spending very much.
|If it's midi, it's for me. From Asos.|
- And my present obsession: chunky boots. I can't get enough. At every thrift store I enter, I head straight for the boots -- ankle, mid-calf, knee, doesn't matter. I touch them all and envision how they'll work in my wardrobe. As usual, I buy just a few and enjoy the heck out of them.
|And lately, I seem to want more and more like these (Steve Madden here)|
|Or these, by Merrell.|
What are your fashion obsessions, past and present?